All Special Olympics Clubs are cancelled until further notice.
Please stay safe, remember to wash your hands frequently and keep as active as you can in your home and if you go outside to exercise remember to social distance yourself and be at least 2 metres from other people.
With the easing of lock-down we are cautiously thinking about how we can restart our sport, physical activity and social groups in the local community.
We want to make sure our clubs and groups are sustainable and we are going back to grass roots and will be rebuilding our groups.
It is important to point out that we don't think some of our clubs/groups will be the same as pre-Covid-19. You should expect them to look, feel and be different.
Also, there has been some changes at the SOGB Head Office, and we have made the decision to make all of SOEH athletes 'Participation Athletes' and all volunteers are now registered as 'Event Volunteers', which means there is no accreditation fee that needs to be paid immediately.
When our clubs return, that are one of the SOGB '26 recognised sports', then athletes will need to consider whether they are interested in competing because they will then need to arrange to pay their £20.00 (pa) Accreditation Fee.
A Participant Athlete is:
* Eligible for localised recreational participation or sanctioned partnership competitions
* You are covered by SOGB Insurance
Athletes will need to Register and pay the Accreditation Fee if:
* you want access to competition pathway (local - international)
* you want to be eligible for National and World Games nomination/selection
* you want to have access to other SOGB Events/Opportunities (including virtual)
* You want to be involved in project partner work like Athlete Leadership
An Event Volunteer is:
* someone who volunteers less than six times per year
* they will not be in contact with people with an intellectual disability on a residential trip
* they will not have duty of care responsibilities for people with an intellectual disability and they will always work under supervision
* they will be brought in on an ad-hoc basis to support the planning, set up, delivery and close down of events on an ad-hoc basis
* they will be covered by SOGB Insurance
Volunteers who are Coaches will need to Register and this will incur an Accreditation Fee of £20.00 (pa) :
* you will be listed on a club or region steering group
* you will deliver coaching sessions
* any volunteering role that requires a DBS will need to be a registered volunteer
* if you are a volunteer and school age the lower limit is 16 years old and you will need to be registered.
If you are the Head Coach or Leader of a Club/Group you will need to:
* First thing to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will support you through this process.
* Complete and Submit the Return to Activity Compliance Form (more information on the SOEH NOTICEBOARD - under OUR CLUBS)
* Coach/Volunteers will need to register with SOGB and pay the Accreditation Fee
* Complete an Athlete Update Form to 'reactivate' any previously registered particpant to athlete station (for the 2021 Accredication year only) - pay Accreditation Fee
* complete a SAM Form
* complete the Eligibility Forms and pay Accreditation Fee